Prayers for the Churches
1. Prayer for the Church
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. (1 Peter 2:9)
Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. (Romans 12:1-2)
The advancement of technology and the Internet in the recent century has not enriched our lives or reduced our workload. It has brought more pressures and challenges to both life and family. We have neglected building our families and underestimated the impact of the changing social atmosphere on our surroundings. This has given the enemy free entrance into culture and families, hurting our children and causing divorces. Thus, without strong family units, the church has become weak, powerless and indifferent, unable to have a godly impact on our next generations.
Lord, this is because we have departed from your commandments and turned to our own ways. We have become followers of our own desires and the values of this world. We have failed to be a positive influence on society. We are apathetic towards our communities, indifferent towards injustice and unrighteousness. Our behavior is no different from unbelievers. The church is secularized. We fear men but have no fear of God. We compromise with evil things.
Lord, on behalf of the church, I fall on my face before you. May you forgive us. Give us broken and contrite hearts and tears of repentance. May we come before you as one, repenting, asking that the blood of the Lord Jesus will cleanse us from all sins and unrighteousness. Restore our first love so that we can honor the Lord above everything else. In critical times such as this, raise us up again through the power of your Holy Spirit to break every chain and yoke, to destroy the dividing walls within the church. I pray that we will no longer be divided or powerless; instead, we will build up the Body of Christ with one heart and one mind. I pray that the church will take back her authority and be the salt and light in our cities and nations, so that the world may see our good deeds, and give all glory to God!
In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, Amen!
2.Bless the Church Leaders and Pastors
We pray for the church leaders, especially the leaders listed below that participating in the 24/7 East Coast Fire Wall (and your leaders who are not on the list):
- New York: Allen& Grace Chang, Deborah Yuan, Anna Chen, Amos & YingMei Mo
- New Jersey: David& Melody Peng, Tom & Julia, Stanley & Mabel Chung, Fred & Molica Hsu, Tony & Tina Chong
- Pennsylvania: George& Marliou Lu, Jewell Mathews， Emmanuel & Joula Tandean, Mike & Jill Edelman
- Maryland: YiNan & Esther Hu, LuSa & Tongli Su, Francis & Clara Chow, Tawei & Chun Cheng
- New Hampshire: Minh & Suzu Phan
- Texas: Ray & Ruth Chen
- Massachusetts: Rev Jeff &Jocelyn Shu
Prosper even as their soul prosper: Abba Father, please nurture every pastor with fresh spiritual food; bless the leaders with prosperity, good health, just as their soul prosper (3 John 2:2), Bless them to glorify God in everything they do, they will receive wisdom, joy, peace, and walk with God, in all their ways they acknowledge You, and do everything properly, having favor with God and man, keep them from temptations, no weapon forms against them will prosper, deliver them from evil, bless them coming in and going out.
Bless the family members of the Pastors: Dear Lord Jesus, please bless every pastor’s family, parents and children, that they may enjoy every day that the Lord gives, when they are in good health. May they experience your healing and shalom when they are physically challenged. According to Your glorious richness, provide for the households of pastors more than they need, physically, spiritually and financially.
In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, Amen!
3.Prayer Wave – From East Coast 24/7 Prayer Wall, Global 40-Day Prayer and Fast to the Homecoming gathering ‘Converge’
[Current Events: 2018 Global 40 Day Prayer and Fast” will start on August 1st until September 9. On July 31st and August 1st, Pastors from Taiwan will hold a kick off prayer meeting in Taichung and Hong Kong respectively. Churches or ministries from Taiwan, Israel, the United States, South Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, Macao, India, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and other nations will participate. More than 100 countries are expected to participate, forming a huge prayer wave. The “Converge” homecoming gathering will be held at IHOPKC between 9/19-9/22/2018. ]
Psalm 2:8 ‘Ask of me and I will give you nations, the ends of earth as your possession’
Joel 2:12-15 “Even now,” declares the Lord, return to me with all your heart with fasting and weeping and mourning. Rend your hear and not your garments. Return to the Lord your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity. Who knows? He may turn and relent and leave behind a blessing— grain offerings and drink offerings for the Lord your God. Blow the trumpet in Zion, declare a holy fast, call a sacred assembly
Dear Heavenly Father, we come to You and thank You for raising a wave of prayers among the global churches and the body of Christ. May the Spirit of supplication come upon us. For individuals, families, churches and cities, we call on Your healing and renewal, and Your mercy to reverse the uneasiness and chaos in the nations.
Dear Heavenly Father, You desire to have a family, a family that unify, so that we can have the authority to accomplish Your assignment. Thank You for raising up “Homecoming Gathering”, through each and every Gathering, You are leading us, to truly connect with Christ, to become as one. May You use this upcoming “Converge” gathering to bring about a unity among every tribes, generations and denominations in America, pour out Your Holy Spirit, bring revival in churches, to accomplish the great commission of bringing the gospel back to Jerusalem and pave the way for the returning of our glorious King!
In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, Amen
4.Pray for East Coast 24/7 Prayer Wall
Ephesians 4:1-7 ‘As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it. ’
Abba Father, thank You for giving us the strategy to gather Your children from all churches to connect and pray together, to stand and watch for churches and Nations for the Kingdom of God. May Your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. The churches will become the house of prayer, receiving overflowing blessings. Bless each participating church with the anointing of unity. Bless the leaders to be bond with each other in love. Honor and receive one another. With the spirit of vigilance we can work together with one hand while holding the weapon with another. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. Together we will build the 247 unbroken prayer wall that has the height, width, length, depth, and is capable not only you defend churches but also with the power and ability to make advance. May Your Holy Spirit continue to move among the churches, so that more pastors can see and receive the strategy of the firewall prayers and join to participate, also connect with other prayer walls in America, and other nations, and raise up a great prayer army, equipped with weapons, and prepared to usher in the soon coming glorious revival!
5.Pray for the churches participating in 247 Prayer Wall
- New Jersey HIC:1) By God’s grace, HIC will be able to purchase the future house of worship very smoothly. 2) We pray the children and our youth who had participated the “Sign and wonders summer camp” at IHOP Eastern Gate, they could truly receive and keep what they learn and experience the love of God daily.
- 24 prayer center in New York: Declare the 24/7 prayer center is the house of the Lord, the foundation of Truth， lead by God’s spirit, full of grace and truth. Thank Godfor complete and speedy healing of Pastor Anna Chen.
- Travis Christian Assembly: Travis Christian Assembly: Please pray for the first time Homecoming Gathering in Austin in Labor Day weekend: 1. Ask the Lord to give a breakthrough in unity; 2. Ask the Lord to give the revelation of the destiny of the North American Chinese; 3. Ask the Lord to keep Pastor Gideon’s family and Pastor Ray Chen and his wife Ruth and the core team organizer.
- First Presbyterian Church: Pray for our church VBS this week. Everyone will encounter with Jesus especially for children. Divine favor with the weather, and no equipment malfunction. Favor on the families of the children attending. God’s work to expend to the entire households. Supernatural stamina, unity, and love for the VBS staffs from different languages and churches. Proclaim, the enemy to be defeated in the lives of leaders, parents, and children. Pray for those who do not have a church home will be compelled to get connected with churches. Any needs of the participants and their families that are discovered during the week will be met by supernatural intervention. Be safe and fun!!
- East Coast Fire Wall Editorial Team:Bless the team and everyone, everything that is connected with the team members, Give them a sensitive and sharp discernment to the leading of God, so that they can accurately receive the word of God and be able to put them into appropriate prayers with power and accuracy. Protect everyone involved in the global prayer and fast and their family. May God watch their coming and going and keep them healthy and prosperous spirit, soul and body.
- Global “Fire Wall Message” Transmission Team:[Update: Ruth and her team are going to help those people who are in need in some dangerous regions.] Please ask God’s blessing upon the families of Ruth and the team. May God protect them and watch their coming and going.